Powered by Blogger.

Debs/ formal/ prom checklist | stylenua

As it’s Debs season in Ireland, I thought I would share my Debs checklist with you. Any kind of debs, prom, or formal is a great event but it can be stressful too, especially if you’re not organised for it. Writing this post also makes me miss my own Debs which was two years ago now! (Photos above of my dress and my hair, the two best parts of my day.)

The first thing for the checklist is the most obvious: a nice dress or suit. It might seem a little conceited or over-the-top to care a lot about this but think about it, how long are you going to have to look at your Debs photos for? How long are they going to be sitting on a parent or grandparent’s shelf, or worse, all over your tagged photos on facebook? Choosing a dress or suit that fits well and suits your body shape and skintone are very important. And besides, you have to make sure it’s comfortable enough to dance all night in.

Another important thing is making sure your shoes are comfortable enough to walk dance all night in. At my own Debs I took off my shoes halfway through the night, even though they were comfortable at first, but the heel was way too thin and high, and eventually my feet hurt too much to keep wearing them. What a lot of girls I know did for their Debs was bring a pair of flat shoes in their bag so they wouldn’t have to worry about being barefoot. It can be risky, especially if glasses get broken throughout the night, so if you want to avoid that, either go in flats or take some with you.

To add to my point about shoes in bags, another good thing to have is a bag big enough to hold any makeup or emergency supplies you might need throughout the night. A lot of clutch bags hold more than you would think, and even if you do bring a bigger bag, you can just keep it under your table for the night. You’ll also be so many people’s saviour by giving them some extra hairspray or lipstick or a gel cushion for their shoe. Some handy things to keep in your bag for the night are:
Ă˜  Powder/ blotting sheets for makeup
Ă˜  Mini hairspray
Ă˜  Power supply for your phone
Ă˜  Hair ties
Ă˜  Deodorant or perfume

The last thing on the checklist is your friends, because they are what make the night and the memories you share with them at your Debs will last forever. If you are going to a debs, prom, or formal this year then let me know in the comments below!

Much Love,

Jessica. xo

No comments