Powered by Blogger.

Updated skincare routine | stylenua

Hey everyone,
As you all know, I have had many issues with my skin in the past, but my acne is clearing up gradually at the moment and I would like to share with you the products I use on a daily and weekly basis. I have been using some of these products for a while now, and have only recently tried others but all seem to be working well with my skin. None of these products are high maintenance or extremely expensive either, because I haven’t the time or money for that.
As a cleanser, I go between two: the Lush ‘Angels on Bare Skin’ cleanser, and the Sukin oil-balancing gel cleanser with bamboo and charcoal. Both cleansers are brilliant for sensitive skin like mine, and I have had very little trouble with this Lush cleanser, compared to my experience with Lush’s ‘Herbalism’ cleanser which was too harsh on my skin. I try to use the gel cleanser as much as possible throughout the week, and always in the mornings. The Lush cleanser is better for night time cleansing as it gives a more exfoliating cleanse than the gel. I would usually use the Lush cleanser three nights a week, or two if my skin is feeling extra sensitive.

I don’t use a toner, but I do use a coconut water face mist from Organik Botanik. It has lavender extract in it, too, which I think is an important part of my skincare routine. I spray this on my face after cleansing just to hydrate my skin a little more.
I then follow with Superdrug’s vitamin E serum, which I have been using for months now. It doesn’t irritate my skin at all and doesn’t have a fragrance that’s too strong either. I use this morning and night, although I used to only use serum at night.
I then use Superdrug’s Simply Pure sensitive skin moisturiser, another product I’ve been using for a few months. I like this moisturiser as it’s light enough not to get greasy but can still keep my skin from tightening and getting dry.

Aside from these daily products I have been trying to use more face masks. I have the Superdrug Aloe Vera clay mask and various sheet masks which I use around once a week, and then I have gel under eye patches which I am trying to use twice a week.
I should also add that I haven’t been using any face makeup, no foundation, tinted moisturiser, bb cream, concealer, or powder. The only makeup I have been using is eyebrow powder and gel, eyeliner, mascara, and lip crayons. This has also helped my skin to clear up immensely. If you do want to continue wearing face makeup, however, make sure your products are in date and your brushes are clean, and always take off your makeup before you go to bed, no matter how late it is. Your skin will thank you!
Much love,
Jess, stylenua

facebook | twitter | tumblr | instagram | spotify

No comments