Powered by Blogger.

Travel style tips | stylenua

Hey everyone,
Something I have experienced quite a lot is travelling, whether it be from one parent’s house to another, to visit friends in different towns, or to travel home from university. It can be extremely difficult to look stylish while carrying luggage or any bags to and fro.
The main thing I try to keep to is not bringing too much with me. I am a known over-packer, but I do try my best to only bring the bare minimum. If I have to bring a bigger suitcase or bag with me to fit what I want to bring, I will, but I usually try to only have a backpack and a handbag with me. If you are taking public transport to travel, like I do most of the time, then you may prefer a wheeled suitcase over a backpack, but both backpacks and suitcases can be found in beautiful designs from Penneys to TK Maxx to Urban Outfitters and beyond.
The next thing I’ve learned over a number of journeys is that layers are important but you don’t have to overcompensate. Of course you should bring a jacket or a raincoat if the weather isn’t clear, but be aware that the bus/ coach/ train you are travelling on may not have air conditioning or heating, depending on the weather. As I live in Ireland, the weather can be quite unpredictable but you can guarantee that rain is never far away. The majority of the year, we do experience colder weather too, so layers can be really helpful here. Just be sure not to wear too many unless you have room to store them away once you take them off. A blouse or t-shirt under a jumper or blazer is a perfect layering method for travelling, and if you’re still cold, you can always use a scarf to both change up your outfit and keep you warm.
There’s definitely something comforting about a pair of shoes you can walk all day in and not have sore feet. Flat or low-heeled shoes are by far the best for travelling because the journey will be stressful enough without pain in every step you take. My favourite shoes for travelling are my black ankle boots or any pair of runners/trainers I have, like my black Nike roshe ones. I sincerely applaud anyone who can wear heels while travelling long distances, as it’s something I’ve never been able to do. Comfort should always come first!
My last point is less to do with style, but more to do with what I keep in my handbag to be prepared for many situations while travelling. My must haves in case of emergency are: a tester tub from lush with a supply of their Dream Cream moisturiser, lip balm (I use The little Cherry Red tube from Superdrug), a handbag sized perfume like this one, headphones, chewing gum or mints, a little notebook, and my phone charger. You never know when you’ll need any of these, and if you want to guard against any possible wardrobe malfunctions, a packet of wipes and a sewing kit would come in very handy too.


I hope this has helped you in your travel style or travel organisation, it certainly helped mine. Until next time my friends,
Much love,
Jess | stylenua

No comments