Powered by Blogger.

my perfume collection | stylenua

Hey everyone,
Today I thought I would talk about my past and current favourite perfumes and the perfume I use most at the moment. From a ridiculously young age I remember being interested in perfumes and I would get so excited when my mam gave me almost empty bottles of perfume or little sample bottles (many of which I still have because the tiny bottles are too cute to throw away!) I think I have always adored floral and very feminine scents, which is reflected in the perfumes I have worn through the years.

I’ll start with the first “grown-up” perfume I have had, which I got when I was only twelve or thirteen and that was Vera Wang’s ‘Preppy Princess’ scent. This was such a sweet and gentle perfume, I used to make sure to put it on every day. Even now when I smell a perfume similar to it I can remember how proud I was wearing it. And I still have the bottle because it’s adorable and heart shaped.

The next perfume I remember wearing isn’t actually a perfume, but it smelled so good I wore it for years, and that is Lynx attract for her. I think every girl in my school wore this at some point but I remember it being a lovely smelling spray so I can’t blame any of us.

I remember getting a Calvin Klein One perfume many years ago and I started using it properly when I was a teenager but I don't recall what perfumes I wore towards turning eighteen. It was probably something obvious that I've forgotten and I'll think of it when this is long posted, of course.

For my 19th birthday I was given Yves Saint Laurent’s Black Opium which I absolutely loved. It was a much darker scent than I was used to but the combination of the classic Opium scent with the new notes made it a great new scent. When I was younger, my mam wore the classic Opium so I loved that the scent reminded me of that as well.

Passing through the Perfume Shop one day during my first year of university I noticed the Victoria’s Secret scents on sale, and at the time I was quite interested in the Victoria’s Secret brand so I bought one of the bottles to see what it was like. I definitely did like the scent I bought but I thought it was very strong and a bit too sweet for my liking so I haven’t used it in a long time and I still have the majority of the bottle left.

Around the same time, I started using one of New Look’s perfumes, called Dusk. I used this perfume for almost a year, and I had a few other perfumes at the same time, including the Ari by Ariana Grande body mist which kick-started my love for her perfume.

I got the 30ml bottle of Ari by Ariana Grande along with a scented body lotion for my 20th birthday and I was broken-hearted when it ran out but I didn’t get a chance to buy a new bottle of it until very recently. This perfume is a mixture of everything I love in a perfume, sweet and layered and not too heavy. I currently have the 100ml bottle and I use it so much that I may have to get another in a few months.

In between bottles of Ari, I bought another of the New Look perfumes. This time it was Blush, which smelled quite like Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle. I loved this perfume and I still have the travel sized bottle of it in my handbag but once I bought the Ariana Grande perfume I knew I wasn’t going to use it, so I gave the remaining half of the bottle to my sister.

My current and for the foreseeable future perfume is Ari by Ariana Grande, although I am also considering adding her newer perfume Sweet Like Candy to my collection as a night-time scent as it has a more spicy undertone to it.

That is it for my perfume collection and current favourite perfume! If you have used or currently use any of these scents let me know what you think of them on twitter or in the comments below.
Much love,

Jessica. xo

No comments