Powered by Blogger.

June reading list | stylenua


Hey everyone,
I was recently touching up my blog when I remembered my old blog (that shall remain nameless) so I went and had a little look at my old posts on there. It was funny to see that the type of posts I was writing back then haven’t changed much, I just wrote less and didn’t take as many photos. Which brings me to what I started this post to say: among my old posts I found a ‘Summer reading list’, which surprised me because I have been working on a new post with the similar title, ‘June reading list’. I hope that this updated reading list is more interesting than the original.
The book I am currently reading is one I bought at the train station in Dublin the other day while coming home from Bloom festival in the Phoenix Park. I was originally intrigued by the cover (pictured above) and hoped it would be the type of book it seemed from its image - full of mystery and magical events. Thankfully it has been so far, and it being written by an Irish author, Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle is a novel I am recommending to many of my friends.
The next book is In Cold Blood, Truman Capote’s famous crime novel. I downloaded the sample of this book on Kindle a few months ago and then purchased the paperback in Easons. From what I have read so far this book holds a captivating plot and some interesting twists. I am really looking forward to reading this!
While browsing charity shops in my regular routine the other day, I spotted the book Carol, or The Price of Salt which is a book I have been meaning to read since I heard about the film based on it. For a measly one euro I couldn’t pass up this book, and I am very much looking forward to reading it, and then watching the film (because I adore Cate Blanchett.)
The final book I have for my June reading list is actually a graphic novel, but it is one that I have been meaning to read for a while now and I finally borrowed a copy from my boyfriend so I have no excuse not to read it now! The graphic novel is Watchmen and I am so excited to start reading it, based on how much I liked V for Vendetta, by the same author.

That is it for my June reading list, let me know what books you are planning on reading this month and if you are interested in any of the books I have mentioned, leave a comment and I might write a review of it for a future post! Thank you so much for reading.
Much love,

Jessica. xo

1 comment

  1. Your lending me these books when your finished !<3

    ReplyDelete