Powered by Blogger.

August favourites | stylenua

Hey everyone,
August has been a great month for new things, and I have a lot of lovely items that I haven’t been able to function without this month, so I’m going to share those with you now.

C L O T H E S:
This month I have been practically living in loose, oversized t-shirts. They’re so comfy and they work well with casual jeans, fancy skirts and such. I bought two recently in charity shops: one originally from H&M, and the other from J. Crew, one grey and one white. They were so inexpensive but completely worth it. I personally think charity shops are the best place to get loose, slouchy t-shirts, and you can sometimes find extremely quirky ones in the sale baskets!

M A K E U P:
This month was my Debs ball and also the month I got into university so to treat me, my mam bought me the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream, among other things. Let me tell you, this product is fantastic. It gives light coverage but also an even glow that will diminish any imperfections you might have. I have loved wearing this for casual days, where I want to wear makeup but may not have time to apply a full face of foundation, concealer, etc.

H A I R:
A good few months ago I bought the Lullaby shampoo bar from Lush, and had been using it occasionally, but this month I used it every time I washed my hair because my beloved Edward Beale volumising shampoo ran out. The thing about shampoo bars is that they aren’t meant to be used in the same way as liquid shampoos. It takes practice to perfect how you wash your hair with them but when you get the hang of it, the result is super soft hair (which is always a plus).

M U S I C:
This month I have added so many catchy songs to my spotify playlists, including SK1N by Huntar, Close by Atu, and Colors by Halsey. These are just some of the amazing songs I’ve been listening to this month, and if you want to listen to more songs like these you can check out my playlists and follow me on spotify here.

B O O K S:
All of this month I have been reading and loving The Secret History by Donna Tartt. This book is one of those intense, gripping stories that completely takes over your life and leaves you wondering about it at two in the morning when you can’t sleep and you’re dying to find out what happens. I will be writing a full review of it once I finish it but for now just trust me when I say that it’s a brilliant book.

And that is it for my August favourites! I hope you may have found something interesting in this little accumulation and if you have loved something this month, let me know in the comments or let me know on any of my social medias:

Much love,
JMG, stylenua.

No comments