Powered by Blogger.

Your perfect pair of jeans | stylenua

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was a good day for me, because I finally replaced my awful, worn out black jeans with a new pair (the RI Molly high rise jeans in black if you must know) and it got me thinking about just how much is involved in finding your perfect pair of jeans. I’m talking about the jeans that you wear constantly and find yourself pining for when they’re in the wash. The jeans that just go with everything you own, and the jeans that you always seem to be wearing when you get the most compliments about your look. They are not just a random pair of jeans, a lot of time and effort goes into choosing that renowned pair. If you haven’t got a pair of jeans like this or your current staple pair are heading for retirement and you don’t know how you’re going to replace them, keep reading because I’m about to share my tips for finding your perfect pair of jeans!

The first order of business is determining your body shape and finding which shops cater better to that body shape. For me, H&M and River Island design jeans that fit me better than, lets say, Topshop or Primark jeans. There is nothing bad about the jeans in either of those shops but they don’t suit my body’s natural shape and there is no point in wearing jeans that are tight around your thighs just so you can tell people they’re from a particular place. The easiest way to find out what shops suit your body is to go in and try on pairs of jeans, or to visit the shop’s website and find the measurements for their jeans to compare them to your own measurements. After that we move to step two: jean style.

What jean style suits you best? Are you a skinny jeans person, or are you more of a loose, slouchy jeans person? Rips or no rips? Classic blue denim or crazy colours? These are all questions you need to answer before you actually enter a shop. It will save you SO much time if you have a vague idea of what you’re looking for before you actually go looking for it. Consider your other clothes and what jean style suits them. Then it’s time to choose a pair in the shop and try them on.

In the dressing room there are a few things you need to do to test if these jeans are perfect. The first thing is making sure they are easy enough to put on. If you’re having serious trouble getting them over your thighs or past your knees, put them back and try another size or another style. You might even have to try a different shop. When you do find jeans that go on comfortably, you need to do a bit of wriggling around, to really make sure they’re comfortable. Do some dancing around, bend your knees, or anything that will get you moving to really test the flexibility of the jeans.

After that you should definitely look at the material and stitching on the jeans. It depends on what you’re looking for: for me, I want durable jeans, that won’t wear easily or rip after a short length of time. This suits me because I don’t have the money to buy a new pair of jeans every few months, so when I find a very strong pair of jeans that will last me a long time I will be investing in them. If you find good quality jeans, don’t be afraid to pay a little bit more for them - they will be worth it.

When you’ve done all of these things you should have an extremely comfortable pair of jeans that you will probably live in if you’re like me. Let me know where your favourite jeans are from, and how long you’ve had them, and I’ll talk to you soon!

Much love,

JMG, stylenua.

No comments