Powered by Blogger.

Bare Minerals counter experience | stylenua

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was a very crazy day, from making decisions about my future to breaking in my new ankle boots, a lot happened, including a visit to the Bare Minerals counter in my local Debenhams. As someone with pretty sensitive skin, I have always liked the idea of extremely natural makeup and even though I had bought a previous BM set, I really hadn’t been using it because of the many stress-related breakouts I was experiencing. Yesterday provided me with a great insight into mineral makeup and the importance of keeping chemicals off your face.


This was all helped by the wonderful customer service I experienced, from the minute I approached the counter to the moment I left. Joyce - the makeup artist I interacted with - was such an incredibly talented and knowledgeable person that I felt as if I were talking to a friend about makeup. The advice she gave me was invaluable, and it didn’t just stop at makeup application. She also advised me about clearing up bad skin, using the least harsh products and the best products to use for my skin type.


In terms of the actual BM products: where do I begin? I honestly think I’m head over heels in love with everything BM has to offer. The mineral makeup really suits my skin and the way I like to wear makeup, which is just brilliant. It’s lightweight, but it still gives the perfect amount of coverage for me. The thing people often tell me about mineral makeup is that it doesn’t cover their acne or blemishes, or uneven skin. While that may seem to be the case, I think it depends on how you apply the product and what other chemicals you’re putting on your face. I am fully aware that my blemishes may be still visible through the BM makeup at first, but because I’m taking all necessary steps to clear up my skin, it doesn’t really bother me. With the mineral cover, my skin looks a whole lot more natural than with liquid foundation, and the coverage lasts so much longer. If you have combination/sensitive skin like I do, I wholeheartedly recommend you use the loose mineral foundation, even if you go to your local Debenhams and ask if you can simply try it out.

So finally, I encourage you to pay your nearest Bare Minerals counter a visit. Talk to the makeup artists there, don’t be afraid of asking them questions, and don’t dismiss their answers - they’re often seriously experienced. They can also show you the best way to apply BM makeup to suit your needs, and BM is not restricted to makeup! They also have a skincare range that includes so many brilliant natural ingredients, which are always better for your skin. And lastly, for anyone who is conscious of buying cruelty free makeup, BM do not test on animals, which is something I defintely rank highly in importance.

If you have tried Bare Minerals makeup, leave me a comment telling me what you thought of it, and if you try it in the future, let me know what you think of it on twitter, instagram, or facebook!

Much love,

JMG, stylenua.

No comments