Powered by Blogger.

year-round fashion essentials


It’s always good to have some year-round clothing essentials at hand, especially if you dress in a certain style and find it hard to shop during either the winter or summer seasons. I like a lot of clothing that is typically only available in A/W collections, but since the climate is usually pretty cool and rainy in Ireland, it works no matter the season. Today I decided to share some of my year-round fashion essentials and the best places and times I have found them.

New Look grey cotton turtleneck, a/w '17

The first is of course a turtleneck. I love these so much, whether just simple cotton or a cosy wool, and I have many turtlenecks by now, most I found in charity shops, and others in Penneys and New Look. One of my turtlenecks bought in a charity shop is from Dunnes Stores. These are mostly winter clothing but around springtime they are added to sales lines in order to make room for summer stock, and this is when I tend to buy them.


Next is a pair of boots, whether ankle, knee-high, heeled or flat, a pair of boots is so useful no matter what time of year. I typically wear a pair of flat black boots to work as they are comfortable and easy to wear for long periods of time. I often buy pairs of boots in New Look, although Office and Topshop also have good pairs.

h&m vintage fit jeans, a/w '17

I love jeans but finding the right pair is so difficult. I love these h&m vintage fit jeans, although they’re actually a little big for me so I would love a new pair. These are kind of mom jeans though not advertised as such. I think they look typically 90s though, and I wear these with another of my year-round essentials: my black belt from Topshop. The cuffs of my jeans look much better rolled up as I feel that makes me look a little taller (I hope, anyway!)



h&m black maxi skirt, s/s '18

A good skirt is so useful because you can wear it so many different ways and for different things. I got a beautiful and practical grey mini skater skirt in a charity shop but it is h&m, and I know they regularly have skirts like this. Maxi skirts are also wonderful if you want to make a statement. I tend to wear my plain black h&m maxi skirt with crop tops or cropped jumpers. I also wear heeled boots or heeled sandals with it because it makes me less worried about tripping on excess material. I love waisted skirts and I tend to shop in New Look and h&m for skirts because I like most of their fits, however their sizing is a little awkward and what fits me on my waist won’t fit me on my hips, and vice versa.






I love a good blazer, and I have had many throughout the years. Black blazers are infinitely useful and I hope to own one till the end of my days, but I'm currently more into this grey blazer I found in a charity shop. It's originally from Zara and I know there are usually blazers available in Zara, as well as stores like & Other Stories, h&m, New Look, and Penneys. They really make an outfit look more put together, and you can find blazers in all kinds of fits, including longline, straight cut, fitted, or cropped. 




I hope you enjoyed this little fashion post, I feel as though I don't write enough of them but I'm hoping that will change in the coming months!
Lots of love,

Jessica x

No comments