Powered by Blogger.

Let's catch up: skincare & my skin story | stylenua

Hey everyone,
Most of you may not know, but i’ve had quite a lot of skin issues in the past, and I still have quite a few. Through my first few years of puberty I didn’t have awful skin, it was a bit spotty and hormonal, but whose skin isn’t at thirteen and fourteen? Plus, at that stage I was quite experienced in dealing with skin issues: eczema is not fun.
But during my last year of secondary school I was getting stressed over exams and such, and my skin took the hit. It didn’t improve after my exams and then through summer or when I moved to university, and things were starting to get quite worrying. I would constantly look for anything to help clear my skin, I wore makeup more than I wanted to, I would avoid mirrors if I could and hide my face with my hand or something in photos or selfies.
Anyone who has had irritated skin or acne will understand that it really takes a toll on you, you feel uncomfortable in your body, anxious about people seeing your skin, and even if it’s not an extremely noticeable breakout, you still feel paranoid that everyone is staring at you and judging you for something you can’t control.
When I came home for Christmas break, my mam and I talked and I decided to go to the doctor about my continually bad skin, and got antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory gel for my skin.
However, this post is for you: the person battling your insecurities and looking for solutions to a huge weight that’s hanging over you. I hope this post lifts your spirits and reassures you in some way that acne is really not the end of the world, as much as it might seem that way. I’m going to include some photos of my skin, which isn’t actually the worst, but this is a big step for me as I could barely stand to take a photo of myself without makeup at first. I’m not wearing makeup in any of the photos, all are in chronological order I think, and you can see that sometimes you may have an extremely good or bad skin day.
  





Much love,
JMG, stylenua.

No comments